Believing in God's Word works!!
1 Thessalonians 2:13 New International Version (NIV)
13 And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.
So this raises a question—Do you believe?
The scripture I read says that God’s word is at work in you who believe, so if you don’t believe, then God’s word will not work in you. His Word is still true and still contains life, but if you don’t believe it, it will remain inactive in your life.
Your faith releases the power of God’s word in your life.
You get to choose how much God transforms you, blesses you, strengthens you, fills you with his peace, joy, and confidence.
Hebrews 4:2---talks about how some people heard the good news of the Gospel-
2 But it did them no good because they didn’t combine what they heard with faith.
For God’s word to work in your life you need to combine it with FAITH.
Okay, so how do you do that?
1. Read his word, know it, get it into your heart, memorize scriptures
2. Listen to it—faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
3. You can even just read a verse a day—there’s nothing in the Bible saying you have to read your Bible in one year—no pressure!!
4. Then you have to act on it—live like you believe it’s true
5. And most importantly you have to confess it out loud (Confess means to agree with God, which shows our faith)
6. The word has redemptive power, Ephesians 6 shows us that it is our weapon against the enemy—it is a sharp sword that defeats the devil.
7. When Jesus fasted 40 days and 40 nights, went into the desert and was tempted by Satan, what did he do? How did he fight the Devil? With the Word of God—"the sword of the Spirit"—scripture that reveals God’s truth.
8. So, we need to declare the word of God out loud every day. We need to speak life over our lives, over situations, over other people
When you first come to faith in the Lord what did you do?
Paul says in Romans 10:9 (New Living Translation) If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
This is a major Biblical principal: confess and believe!!!
Remember how I said that God’s word has creative power? He calls into existence the things that are not? We can do that too. Only he can create the physical manifestation, but we create spiritual, psychological, and emotional manifestations because we are activating our faith.
God’s word is bursting with redemptive power!
How many people in here are guilty of speaking negative things out loud? Do you create self-fulfilling prophecies? Do you nurse and rehearse "what if’s", gloom and doom, defeatist attitudes? We are all guilty of this. This is not speaking faith. This is speaking death over ourselves, our situations and creating what we don’t want in our lives.
WORDS ARE SEEDS !!! (God’s word is a good seed)
What are you planting in your life? In the life of other people?
It says in Isaiah that God’s word never returns to him empty, but always accomplishes what He desires and achieves the purpose for which He sent it.
Learn how to speak life and see real change happen in your life.
Check out part three of this blog to get started! Also follow us on our website https://www.revivela.net/